4.15.2011

#2 Begins

Round two is much smaller. I recalculated the time the old one would have taken, and realized that my six-month estimate was based on putting in forty-hour weeks of this. I actually have time for about ten.

The new map being prepared:


Got some free picture hanging boards from Bean's art store in Hanover. One of these is serving as 
frame for the new map. Useful free stuff has a way of washing up on the shore of life's river, if you know where to look and bother to ask nicely. I was helping them de-clutter by taking some boards, and they helped my project. Win.

 The cut out portion that I finished on the old map:

Art is screwing something up over and over again without giving up, until something brilliant happens. Whether it happens easily on the first try or takes many attempts, it will only happen if you do it. And keep doing it...and doing it. If it works, make more. If it doesn't work, make some intelligent decisions for change and keep going, even if that means doing it completely differently.
Also, know when to stop (before burning out).

I'd love to hear the thoughts of others about this, as these are just my opinions arrived at through experience.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home