Fresh Perspective, Fresh Start.
I have arrived at a difficult but necessary conclusion: I need to do this at a smaller scale. 24 by 30 inches is not doable within any any reasonable time frame, now that my work situation has (thank goodness!) finally picked up.
So, here is the plan:
∂1=> New England is finished on map # 1. It will be removed and used to test an idea I have for display of the map. It will be available for purchase or barter some time in the near future. More on that later.
∂2=> A new pattern will be printed out at no more than 11 x 17 inches. Possibly smaller! It's not like I will be losing any detail or resolution, given how fine the line quality is.. The print will become the pattern, to overlay a layer of fabric on the new frame. For the frame, I will use canvas stretchers.
The idea here is to create this at a scale that takes me 80-100 hours for constructing the map itself, rather than a thousand hours. I want to scale it down to the point where I can add in stories within a reasonable amount of time (Zach, you were right all along about this.)
Thanks to Adora and Ryan for offering hair!
So, here is the plan:
∂1=> New England is finished on map # 1. It will be removed and used to test an idea I have for display of the map. It will be available for purchase or barter some time in the near future. More on that later.
∂2=> A new pattern will be printed out at no more than 11 x 17 inches. Possibly smaller! It's not like I will be losing any detail or resolution, given how fine the line quality is.. The print will become the pattern, to overlay a layer of fabric on the new frame. For the frame, I will use canvas stretchers.
The idea here is to create this at a scale that takes me 80-100 hours for constructing the map itself, rather than a thousand hours. I want to scale it down to the point where I can add in stories within a reasonable amount of time (Zach, you were right all along about this.)
Thanks to Adora and Ryan for offering hair!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home